Saturday, August 16, 2008

On being the charge nurse

During our duty yesterday, we were asked who wants to work as a charge nurse for our shift. I volunteered myself to be the charge nurse because for one, I get confused with their paperworks and documentations and I think, it would be the best way for me to familiarize myself with the different logbooks and slips and whatsoever you need to fill up, as well as the carrying out of doctor's orders. Although I've experienced working as a charge nurse from my previous trainings, but as we all know, each institutions has their own set of protocols.

I admit it was confusing, especially the part where you have to follow up with the laboratory works and requests. There were times I was disorganized. *Sweat. Good thing we had a considerate and approachable staff to supervise and teach us. I hope I could keep up. c",)

*Photo by storiesalive.

No comments: