Sunday, August 17, 2008

Freaking interview

Been to Apo View Hotel for an interview from a possible employer abroad. Honestly, I have doubts with the agency since I had heard some not good feedbacks from some friends about them, irony is, it's licensed by the POEA.

Anyway, the recruiter was my godmother's friend, her classmate back in college. She was the one who referred me to her, so I sent all my requirements to the address provided by my godmother. I didn't know back then that she is connected with the agency that I least like.

We had an orientation first before the interview took place. Basically the recruiter explained to us the services she offered then came next the agency's services. It was a good deal, I guess. What relieved me was to see the picture of one of my clinical instructor in college during the presentation, I didn't know she was under this agency and somehow my doubts lessen.

Moving on, as the orientation was about to end, we were asked to sign an "Undertaking" before we could be accomodated for the interview. I think it's like a contract agreeing that this agency will be doing the processing for you and so on. At first, I was hesitant. I wanted somebody to read the agreement with me and decide whether the offer is good or not. I did text my godmother but unfortunately her reply came late.

When the agency informed us that we have 30 days to withdraw from the signed agreement if we wished not to continue with the deal, I gave in and signed it thinking that I was there for the interview. The recruiter was nice and I have trust in her considering she's a friend of my godmother, but the agency is different, I still have doubts and I was scared when I received my godmother's text telling me not to sign any contract yet since she wanted to read it herself. *Sigh.

No comments: