Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Unexpected Call

It was morning of yesterday when the phone rang. JC, being a curious kid, answered the phone as he always does. I let him do the talking for awhile then answered the phone myself. Surprisingly, JC's biological father called, and I was like "Ha?...Uhmm..". He was looking for his son, of course, so I handed the receiver to JC. It was just a short call and he hung up. Putting down the receiver JC got mad at me for doing so, I think he recognized his father's voice, he was just plainly mad and was about to hit me with the phone. Haha. And my mom and I think that his father only wanted to hear his voice.

Honestly I have mixed feelings about it. For one I am happy JC finally have a communication with his dad, but on the other hand, I don't know if that was sincere or was it just an agenda. I haven't met his father ever since nor knew what he looks like. But based on what my cousin had shared with us with regards with her experiences while living with that guy's family, I cannot help but feel bitter towards him. He started to have a contact with his son when he knew my cousin's working abroad (can't help but be suspicious). Haayy. Actually, I don't know how to react but I guess it's good that they both have communication but at the same time, we, as JC's relatives will be very cautious.

No comments: