Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Is artificial beauty okay?

*Photo by ThisYearsGirl.

I am currently watching a japanese drama entitled, "Artificial Beauty". This reminds me back in college, when my friends and I were discussing about working abroad and saving money, we then came to a point wherein we asked each other what to do with some of our money. I for one will be using it to purchase insurance and educational plans for my family and other matters concerning my family. After minutes of discussion, our supposedly serious talks lead to a big surprise when one friend of ours confessed that if she have the money, she would definitely use it for cosmetic surgery. It was very brave of her to be open about it and she isn't the one, another friend also agreed. It just shows that as much as possible, if there's a way, we all like to enhance oneself and feel good about ourselves. As of now, I don't have plans of using my money for that.


If you were in my friend's shoes, would you do the same?

4 comments:

cherry said...

me, too. I would do it in a heartbeat...if I have more than enough money.

Anonymous said...

I have so many other things I want to buy first before I'd consider this. Hehe. :)

Dropped on your entrecard, btw. :)

Crissy said...

so many priorities so little money...lol


Crissy's Haven | Crissy's Zone | Crissy's Library | Vis Vires | Photoblog

Zeee said...

oh yeah! i would definitely do stuff to enhance my "beauty" but I don't think I'll do lipo and get a boob job (i don't need to, anyway *blush*) but perhaps getting laser treatment for skin discolorations, teeth whitening and permanent hair removal in appropriate places would do... :) hiring a personal trainer is also a plus since i hate working out and getting a trainer seems to be a great motivating factor for me since I may be paying up to $300/hr! hahaha