Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Anticipation of Being Away...

Soon I will be temporarily moving away from home, but I could still come back every now and then, it's just that I will not be staying here all the time. I will be staying somewhere miles away and upon learning this, my boyfriend treated this as a bad news. As much as possible he doesn't want me to go, according to him, he will be missing me badly. I will too. I guess, it would also be hard in my part being away from him at the same time from my family. But we need to make some little sacrifices. Even though I fear for that day to come, I take it as a personal training for independence in preparation for a major transition in my life in the future...I'm treating it as a challenge in other words. I'll get homesick for sure, but it's just hours away from home and I could still visit here whenever I have the time.

Have you encountered the same? How did you go about it?

*Photo by ~InnerSharigan

1 comment:

Coriander Dreams said...

Hi Crissy

This happened to me about 5 years ago... I told my bf (we were together 2 years then) that I wanted to study in Sydney for a year or two. It was one of the most difficult decisions ever. Painful to leave him, but I visited Manila every 4 months... So I moved to Sydney and we were apart for 2 years, and then I was kinda liking it here. I convinced him to move to Sydney as well. He did. After the sacrifice comes more sacrifices, and then bliss... I believe long distance relationships work. We've been together in Sydney now for almost 3 years (been with him for 7 years now)...

Good luck with all that. Wishing you the best...

Marie