Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Typhoon Frank's Tragic Outcome


While Davao City enjoys the sunny weather, the northern part of the Philippines on the other hand was hit with the typhoon Frank. Been constantly watching the news recently, as I was anxious to hear any updates from the MV Princess of the Star tragedy, a Sulpicio Lines' ship that sunk somewhere in Romblon. Approximately 700-800 people were aboard including the ship's crew. Only a few survivors and dead bodies were found so far, majority were still missing.

As I watched the news earlier, I was teary eyed watching how furious the families of those victims were, anxiously waiting for any updates about the ship's passengers and crews. Somehow you could understand the anger they feel towards the management of Sulpicio Lines not being able to update them with regards of the current situation.

I imagined that perhaps there were still people trapped alive in that big ship, I was being hopeful somehow. If so, I hope that help would get to them as soon as possible and may the Lord give them and their families more strength.

No comments: