Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My Bad

I was bad, and I agree I was. *Sob.

Yesterday afternoon, me and Jaycee were in my parent's room lying in bed. I was scaring him with monster and he really is afraid of it. Until then I heard the news from the living room's TV featuring about the abduction of Ces Drilon and the other one. I suddenly stood up and peeked from the room's door to watch the TV leaving Jaycee on the bed. I know he could managed to get out of the bed but I was very careless, I forgot he's scared being left there. *Sob. He was trying to get out of the bed as quickly as he can and accidentally he fell from the bed and got his nose and mouth bleeding. Although I haven't heard a thud from that fall, and I think he landed on his tummy first then hit his face.

So I immediately carried him to the kitchen and let him gargle some water and he forcefully vomited what he ate this afternoon. I was trying to keep myself from panicking and try to maintain my composure. Just minutes after, my parents arrived and I told them what happened. My mom carried Jaycee while I applied ice compress to his forehead to stop the bleeding from his nose. He's scared of ice too. Lol. Fortunately we had ice cream available and let him eat it to stop the bleeding from his gums and he also stopped crying.

Darn! I was irresponsible! I was really scared he'll be having increased ICP (intracranial pressure) or hemorrhage. But I can assure he didn't hit his head so I'm trying to stop myself from worrying too much. He was okay after and now (I hope), still very active. I'm still observing him for any unusualities so we could bring him to a pediatrician. So far none noted. I hope he'd be really okay.

Right now, he's playing with his toys and watching Barney. *Sweat. I swear I would never scare him again nor leave him alone.

Forgive me for being so irresponsible. *Sob

5 comments:

Zeee said...

awww...this is really ummm irresponsible? but at least he's okay...just make sure you watch out for any unusual actions and/or signs/symptoms and take him immediately to the hospital

btw I dropped by from pexlinks and recently got my own domain. If you could just fave me again on technorati I would really appreciate it thanks!

here’s my technorati fave link technorati.com/faves/?add=http://www.betterthanezrah.com

Anonymous said...

yes it was...and I was very guilty of it.

he is okay. no unusualities noted from him and I am very thankful for that. c",)

Deb DiSalvo said...

Don't beat yourself up over this - accidents DO happen. I'll never forget when my son was just learning to crawl and he and I fell asleep on the living room floor together. He got up and I was still sleeping when he decided to climb up the stairs for the first time (and I swear we just had talked about needing to get gates at the stairways) when I heard that dreaded "thud". He had climbed up and fell down the stairs, cutting his head and ended up getting a couple stitches. I felt SOOOOOOO incredibly bad! It took me a while, but I had to realize accidents happen and we can't have an eye on them constantly 24/7. He also (when he was 3) was running with a sippy cup in his hand and fell - he landed square on the sippy cup's tip and cut himself between his nose and corner of his eye - another couple stitches! I mean, if a sippy cup isn't safe, what is????? I have a feeling this will be just the beginning with having a boy. He's about to turn 6 - so far (knock on wood) no more trips have been taken to the hospital! OK, I'll stop rambling - just wanted to let you know you are not the first mom to feel guilty when your child gets hurt! Take care.
Cheers,
Deb

Crissy said...

Thanks deb! first of all im not his mom. hehe. he's my nephew whom we fostered for the meantime while his mom is abroad.

but thanks for sharing your experiences, I also fell from the stairs when I a kid and fell from the bed several times. and yes accidents do happen.

It's just traumatizing for me to be responsible for such accident. but lesson learned and I'll be more careful next time.

your comment does help me lighten up. thanks!

Anonymous said...

i know how you feel. just be careul with the head, pag tumama, keep him awake at hwag patulugin kaagad. ganu'n talaga, may aksidente nangyayari.