Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Traitor...

Awhile ago, I chatted with my bf through my brother's yahoo messenger who left it logged in and mentioned he dreamed of a snake.

What is really the meaning of a snake in a dream? Does dreams really convey messages?

Dream interpretations are one of my interests a few years back. And everytime I have a dream, I usually look over the cyberspace for the interpretations of these. But not all of those meaning applies to everyone.

Dreams are unique and it is representing you holistically. Therefore, it is only you who can interpret your dreams well since you also have to take consideration the feelings you felt while dreaming.

The dream guides found online and in books are guides only to help you with your interpretation.

Dreaming of a snake was one of these signs. I shared this before with my boyfriend that dreaming of a snake not only means money. In my case, it means there is someone around that is betraying you, in short a traitor, especially if the snake bit you.

I often heed this as a warning signal. I became wary of the people around me, especially whom I trusted and observe some changes in them. True enough, as days or even months went by, I heard someone just spilled out my secret or I have argued with a friend, or someone back bited me and so on.

This also happened just awhile ago, a friend and I talked about people we knew and she mentioned that some people talked back against me. I wasn't surprised. I was even expecting it. LOL.

It's not my problem, it's theirs. They don't know me that well, so I can still consider the negative feedbacks I am hearing. It happens all the time for those people I just met. Poor them for judging me that way!

On the other hand, I appreciate those people who sees right through me, it only means they are not judging the people from what they see, because with me, "what you see is what you get", doesn't apply to me. You have to know me deep enough to appreciate the real ME. ;)


I am choosy when it comes to friendship, and just civil with the ordinary people. Because for me friendship means trusting. If I became close with someone, expectedly I trust that person and it is when I slowly come out from my nutshell.

Going back to my boyfriend, I don't know if this dream interpretation applies to him. Hopefully not.

To see a snake or be bitten by one in your dream, signifies hidden fears and worries that are threatening you. Your dream may be alerting you to something in your waking life that you are not aware of or that has not yet surfaced. The snake may also be seen as phallic and thus symbolize dangerous and forbidden sexuality. The snake may also refer to a person around you who is callous, ruthless, and can't be trusted. As a positive symbol, snakes represent transformation, knowledge and wisdom. It is indicative of self-renewal and positive changes.

2 comments:

cathara said...

i cant remember dreaming bout snakes before though. but most dreams interpret whats gonna happen in the future, be it good or bad. so yeh, i agree with your opinion.

ei! i got that linkme-up in my blog from yours hehe, think its cute :D

Crissy said...

saw that in your blog! haha...