Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Problem with my EON

I tried adding EON card to my paypal several times, but I always end up with this message... "This credit card has been denied by the bank that issued your credit card. For details on why your card was denied, please contact your credit card issuer's customer service department. Or, you may want to try adding a different credit card."

What's wrong? Does my EON needs to be activated? How?

I already emailed unionbank about this and I'm still waiting for their reply.

Can somebody help me?

4 comments:

Bulingit said...

I had the same problem when I first enrolled my EON for PayPal. I just got my EON card then and it turns out that I need to have a transaction history for the enrollment to work. You also need to have money in your account because PayPal will deduct I think almost $2 ($1.95 actually) from it.

So if you are in the same predicament as I did (new EON account with no transaction history) then maybe you just have to go to your nearest Union Bank branch and deposit at least 300 - 500 petot. Hope it helps ^_^

Crissy said...

oh i see! i'll try your advice. thanks lazy goy!

Unknown said...

That was my problem before. In order for you to add your EON card you should deposit at least 100 pesos. Then, it will be fine! Okies. By the way, thanks for the visit in my blog. Enjoy blogging!

Crissy said...

thanks alritch! thanks for dropping by!