Sunday, May 25, 2008

Saturdays #1

My mom gave me moolah the other day, and went to the mall yesterday to buy another Sophie Kinsella's novels. This time it's "Shopaholic Ties The Knot". It's a story about Becky getting married and being torn between her mom and mother-in-law who were both planning for her wedding on the same day. This book reminds me of my friend who is marrying sometime this year.


It was inside the bookstore where my boyfriend and I met for our movie date. After buying the book, we headed to McDonald's. I ordered the usual stuffs I eat, Burger McDo Meal and a Hot Fudge Sundae. It was almost a month that we haven't seen each other considering that we live near each other. So we spent that time at McDo chitchatting and updating each other with our lives.

After which we took a cab heading to NCCC Mall for our movie date. Unluckily, we were stranded almost an hour in a traffic along Quirino Ave. That was the longest traffic we've been and it was so hot inside the cab. Worst is, I felt slightly scared when I saw that the vehicle beside us were full of men in army uniform. They have this red badge on their arm and from that I recognize they're not the Philippine Army. I think they are popularly known for as the MILF or MNLF (whatever!), or Nur Misuari's troops as I describe them. That day, you can see a lot of these men in the city since there was a summit conducted in the city where their leader was a part of it.

Well, I'm not discriminating them being in our city. But I can't just help but feel just a little scared though nothing bad happen while they were here. Davao City still remained peaceful and thank God for that. I guess they're not really that bad and fearful after all.


Inside NCCC mall, we chose to watch Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull 'cos that's what my boyfriend really wanted to watch. I'm not a fan of Indiana Jones and I find some scenes boring though there were some scenes that were funny too. I was sleepy and was eager to get out of the movie house, but since I cannot do that, I ended up resting on my boyfriend's shoulder and trying to get a nap from time to time. Hehe.

No comments: