Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Mother and Son

Aaarrghh, I'm not feeling well. My body aches from taking care of Jaycee. It was kinda hard to divert his attention coz he often cries and look for his mom. Every time he cries, I also get teary eyed because there's no way I could help him ease his longing for his mom. And because I couldn't bear him crying, I let him look at the picture of both of him and his mom in my picasa. It can stop him from crying for awhile.

It really hurts to see this kid crying inconsolably from missing his mom so much. They were very close and unseparable. It must be really hurtful for him too.

Is it a good idea that I let him look at the picture of his mom? Or will it just remind him of her and cry again? Kids does really look for their mom a lot. Now I realized, how hard it is for those OFW moms and their kids to be separated for work. *Sigh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's so sad ... am not so sure if i'm brave enough to leave my son behind while I work; that's why hubby and I decided that I become a SAHM; for now.
... maybe when he gets older and independent enough. :)

Anonymous said...

As a father of 4 kids, I know how hard it can be leaving the kids, After my second son was born, I had to leave the Philippines for business reasons and i was away from my wife and kids for almost a year before they joined me here in New Zealand. It was the hardest thing i ever had to do and i really don't want to let it happen again, My wife gave my son a photo of me that he carried around everywhere and i think it helped a lot.

Crissy said...

@dave: thanks for sharing dave! it really is hard.

@snippet: yeah, maybe when the kids gets older enough to understand. my nephew's still too young and he needs his mom.

Anonymous said...

Jaycee is lucky to have you. It's not common for people like your family to take over that kind of responsibility. I would assume that your cousin's mother might want to keep the child, if not the child's dad. Just be patient and show him that you love him. Eventually, he will get used to having you around that he won't cry as much.