Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I'm A Yaya!

I was quite surprised last night to see my 2-year old nephew, Jaycee, being brought here by my parents. This nephew of mine is my cousin's son, and since she's off to Dubai for work, my father voluntarily wants to keep the child for the moment.

My dad already mentioned this beforehand. He wants to keep and rear the child when my cousin will leave. I really didn't thought he was serious. Perhaps he already wants a grandson, eh? Naahhh...

Now, I suddenly became the official "Yaya" of this cute boy. I don't know if we could be a good guardian for him, but we'll do our very best. It's been a long time we haven't had a kid in our home, except for some cousins and nieces and nephews who visit us here occasionally.

He often looks for his mom and cries. Oh and I pity him for being away with his mom. I hope he could easily adapt with the environment. Our home is totally different from where he used to live. No kids around that he can play with. *Sigh.

And now, I feel I slight pressure within me on how to take care of him. *Sigh.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

do some tricks, turn yourself to a clown...

Crissy said...

lol...i don't think i can do that. hehe

Unknown said...

hi crissy,
it must really be hard for your nephew but he is lucky to have support group like you by his side.

Anonymous said...

He'll get used to having you around. :) Have fun!

Anonymous said...

You and your family are very kind to take him in. At least you can practice taking care of a child so that when you have your own you'll be a pro. :)

Btw, I got a tag for you.Check my blog for details. Enjoy!

Janjie said...

Good luck Crissy...

Anonymous said...

your nephew is lucky to have a family like yours!:)

goodluck being the 'yaya'!