Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Samal Island Hopping

I've been busy these past few days. My godmother together with her niece and nephew went for a visit here in Davao City and of course, a lot of strolling was done. Forgive me for not being able to visit your blogs, though I've tried my best to do so. C",)

For those of you who will be visiting Davao, one thing tourists and locals do here is the island hopping. We rented a boat at aroun
d P 4,500, excluding of food. The boat's capacity is 25 persons, we were almost 25 so, I guess it's a good catch than paying it per head.

It was quite late when we left the pier in Waterfront Hotel since some of my cousins were very late in coming. And I mean an hour LATE! *Phew. Anways, we left around 10:30am. It was like joy riding using a boat. Hehe.

Me, with my cousins and guests

You can view the whole Samal Island and it's neighboring islands as well. Although most of us, find it boring since we (my cousins and I), were eager to swim.

Pearl Farm Resort

Somewhere in Talikod Island, we docked there for our lunch. There was a resort there but we opted to have our lunch inside the boat, still we paid P 200 for the entrance fee of the resort. After which, we asked the boat's driver to move the boat somewhere deep where we could have our swimming. And since most of don't know how to swim, we borrowed life vests and wore it including the kids and had fun swimming.

My bro for a dive

It was nearly 4:00 pm, we haven't toured some islands yet, but since it was late already, we didn't have much time to explore the other islands, so we headed home. Waves are stronger in late afternoon. We arrived in the pier at around 5:00 pm.

Having fun taking pics at Waterfront Hotel's Parking Area

4 comments:

bluedreamer27 said...

wow nakakainggit naman hehe di pa ako nakakpunta ng davao sobrang layo kasi from cavite
ang ganda naman ng view saka yung tubig sobrang clear
have a great day see yah

Wendy Lopez-Redaon said...

hi crissy =)

Island hopping in Samal looks fun! hope I can visit on of these days.

btw, i was wondering if we could xchange links. message me in my chatbox if ur interested =)

wendy

Anonymous said...

wow! nice place..the water is so inviting. looks like you all had fun there sis. that's awesome.

Anonymous said...

Nice post! Wish I could visit the place someday. :)