Wednesday, February 27, 2008

It was quite a tiring shift for me. Supposedly I should be going home by 3 pm. But since we had a new admission in the nursery, a premature baby who was kinda toxic, we stayed beyond 3 pm in the unit until the endorsement is done. Yes we have a premature baby in the nursery. He's 5 months in his mom's womb and was placed inside the incubator and had a lot of tubes attached in his little body.

After lunch, his O2 saturation was decreasing so we have to call for the attending physician. During that time, it was like past 3 pm, another patient in the delivery room is going to give birth. *Phew

Anyways, they were not my patient. I was taking care of another premature in the observation unit and was kinda pissed with him because he was not sucking well. He's kinda lazy in sucking his milk through the feeding bottle. So I have to introduce his milk through his orogastric tube instead. Even then, during my last feeding, he vomited. It was frustrating because my goal is to feed him through his feeding bottle of at least 15 ml and up. If he can do that, there is a higher chance for him to be discharge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your job is truly noble.. taking care of babies is definately challenging!!