Sunday, February 24, 2008

Indecision

Most of us find making decision a hard time. We spent awful time making up our minds. Even I am guilty of it. Perhaps it is one of my weaknesses to make a decision. I have to think it over and over again to be sure if I am making the right one. Which I think is not bad, right?

But then according to Elisabeth Elliot's "Keep a Quiet Heart", James wrote in his epistle that trust is the remedy for this indecision. Therefore, he is telling us to ask for wisdom if we don't know what to do and to be sure that we really expect God to tell us...
"for a doubtful mind will be as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind; and every decision you then make will be uncertain, as you turn first this way and then that. If you don't ask with faith, don't expect the Lord to give you any solid answer"
(James 1:6-8)

No comments: