Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Why Pray?

"Jesus prayed and He told us to pray. We can be sure that the answer will come, and it will be good. If it is not exactly what we expected, chances are we were not asking for quite the right thing. Our heavenly Father hears the prayer, but wants to give us bread rather than stone."

- Elisabeth Elliot

I pray not only because there are things that I ask of Him. I pray because I thank Him for all the blessings that He bestows on me. But there are times, I often wonder whether or not God does hear my prayers. Some of my prayers were answered the way I wanted it to be, though some were not. It does made me upset. But I try to think that perhaps this isn't the right time to receive an answer from Him, or possibly it wasn't meant for me.

Last night, I prayed something from Him and asked for signs, apparently He gave me the answer that I didn't expect. It causes confusion in my part if that was really it. But I guess it might be it and have to accept it. I may be disappointed, but I think it's for the better. I'm sad. Was it really the answer?

Huhu...my back really hurts! *Sob

No comments: