Saturday, February 2, 2008

I was dead tired this morning upon reaching home and went straight to bed without even eating my breakfast nor change my clothes and wash my face at least. I had my night duty in the nursery unit for two nights and I'm thankfully taking a day off today.


Anyways, I never thought that working in the nursery was tiring. I always thought it was cute to take care of these adorable newborns and expected it would just be an easy task to take. But mind you, it was dead tiring. I can't even take a single nap because I have to feed and burped my baby every two hours plus attend the other crying babies, give their medications if any, monitor their vital signs, change their diaper, bathe and weigh them, do cord care and carry out doctor's orders plus my charting... that is usually the task of the night shift nurses. Aside from these, you have to wash and sterilize their feeding bottles, change linens of the babies and in the unit also, update the census and so on. And if there's a pregnant mother about to give birth, the nursery nurse have to prepare all the necessary things for the new baby and assist the pediatrician in the delivery room to receive the newborn. Phew!



I'm not whining! Hehe। I just didn't expect this to be harder than taking care of an adult patient. I have to attend to every demands of the babies. I thought it was cool to be a nursery nurse. Haha. Still I like babies, and I'm still thinking about it if I really want to be a nursery nurse in the future. Haha. More challenging than I thought. And more adjustments to make. Tee Hee!

2 comments:

Keith said...

I am pleased to hear you do all that, and still want to do it more. I am grateful for all the people in your chosen profession, though doubtful that at age 37, I will ever have needs of your services. LOL

Crissy said...

well I chose this field so there's no backing out now, LOL. and it's part of our profession that though we're really tired we still have to do our work the best way we can. =)