Sunday, April 6, 2008

I'm a Ninang!

me with my godson

I'm a ninang (godmother) once again and this time to a one year old, Baby Andrew, son of ate (older sister) Maying and kuya (older brother) Ronan. Ate Maying and I are neighbors since childhood. Years ago, I was one of the bridesmaids during their wedding, and now I'm a godmother to their 3rd son! My goodness! Proves that I'm really getting old! *Sweat

Went to Panabo City, a less than hour drive from Davao City (where I reside) together with our neighbors yesterday morning via bus. The special baptism ceremony took place at Sto. Nino Church's chapel while the reception was at the Ultra Bowl. It was special since it was Saturday and there was no mass held for the baptism, just plainly baptismal ceremony. During the ceremony, the priest reminded us, the godparents, to be the second parent of the child. So in any case, something unfortunate might happen with the parents (and I hope God forbids), the godparents will take place the parents' responsibility in rearing the kid. This is therefore the primary obligation of the godparents. Other than that we were also encouraged to help the parents teach our godchildren to pray.

Moving onwards to the reception, the kids had fun playing with the guest clowns. There were games prepared for them and of course there were special treats that served as the prizes for these games that were given to the kids. Aside from the games, there was a little magic show performed by these entertaining clowns. Funny though, that there were 2 kids who were scared seeing a clown were crying inconsolably (poor kids, blame it on horror movies using clowns as monsters). Forgot to tell you that it was Baby Andrew's birthday as well, he just turned 1 year old. Hurray!

mother & son with the clowns

I guess everyone had fun. We went home with foods and balloons in hand. Haha.

the proud tita (ate elena) and ninang

3 comments:

Sendo said...

weeehh, congrats..magtatago tayo niyan pag pasko haha..ninong na din kasi ako haha

mikay said...

Hi sis! Dementia here from GT. Enjoy din mag-ninang no? I have 20+ inaanaks already! It's hard to keep up lalo na kung Pasko. LOL.

Crissy said...

HI sis! thanks for dropping by! grabe ha ang dami mo ng inaanak, buti di pa ako nakaksampu. LOL.