Monday, January 7, 2008

Job Search At POEA

I decided to visit the POEA Regional office today with my boyfriend. When we got there, I scanned through the bulletin board and looked for any job offers for nurses abroad. Unfortunately, only a few agencies were posted and mostly were for the middle east and USA. I was hesitant with the offer in the US due to the retrogression thingy.

Anyways, after going through the board, I was not even sure what I'll do next. So I thought that we should go inside the office and look if there are other posted job offerings there. So we headed up the 2nd floor of the building where their office is located. I saw the guard at the entrance taking care of the logbook for the applicants to sign before getting inside.

But I still didn't know what to do. I wanted to ask the guard but I don't know what and how to ask him. I told my boyfriend about it and we were just laughing and making fun of ourselves for going there without even knowing what to do.

And I thought that if we leave, we will just be wasting our time in going there for nothing so I might as well ask the guard. And so did I! I asked "manong" guard if there are other job offers inside the office aside from the ones displayed in the bulletin board. But he told me that there were none but there are offers only for Saudi Arabia and handed me the requirements for the Ministry of Health of KSA.

Even now, I am still hesitant with the idea of working in KSA but if I still can't a job here, then I guess I will take the risk.

No comments: