Sunday, April 25, 2010

One On Call Case

Reporting for my PM duty was sort of a breeze. Received one patient in PACU and the PACU nurse handle that patient and I'm glad I was able to update our monthly census in the computer and did some slight general cleaning afterwards. It was nice to keep the unit in order. But after awhile I received some on call schedule for D&C. We prepared the room for it and the supplies and instruments to be used. While waiting, we took a nap and just 30 minutes before our duty's done, the ward called and informed us to fetch the patient. My colleague who was reading a curvatrim review, stopped what she was doing and volunteered to get the patient from the ward. We helped circulated the said case and endorsed it to the next shift when the patient's already in the recovery room.

No comments: