Monday, August 30, 2010

The Retreat


It was a one day overnight retreat at Malaybalay, Bukidnon. I was invited by the ORNAP Davao Chapter to take part on this event. It was a blessing for me as I get to see the magnificent view of this monastery, the Benedictine's Monastery of Transfiguration. Their church is situated on top of the hill surrounded by mountains and hills that is breathtaking. It was one silent and relaxing venue. The monks were accommodating and hospitable and we were given the chance to pray with them as they pray seven times a day on their church.

Their voices were soothing and calm, as if you were listening to an angel's voice when they chant their prayers. The food were sumptuous and fresh, and I especially love their brewed coffee. I even take some at home.

The experience was one of a kind. I appreciated life and it's simplicity.

No comments: